Monday, July 1, 2013

*****On Hold Until Further Notice***** Introducing My Trial Run for "Baby on a Budget" Line

Hi All,

I have been tossing around an idea.....

Well, I actually had posted this idea on Facebook a few months ago. I am toying with the idea of taking a couple of custom orders for the $875 (price range) + $25 for shipping. I am trying to keep the cost down (half the price of what my premium LE babies cost). New mommies will have the choice of choosing a kit, hair, and eye color from the "Bountiful Baby" store online. I will only be taking orders for babies 18' to 21' inches. Of course these babies will not have as much detailing as my premium reborn babies , but will still be beautiful all in all! Remember, I am trying to keep the cost down for mommies who are on a budget. This idea was already in the works, but I felt like I really should offer this deal to all mommies who would like  to adopt one of of my babies. 

I will tell you why I chose to do this: first reason, I had a fellow artist contact me about customers who wanted her to make replicas of my dolls. Let me start off by explaining, each and every artist has unique artistic abilities that cannot be replicated by someone else. I also can honestly say that it is difficult and not my preference to make replicas of babies that have been created by me previously or anyone else because all of my babies are unique in their own way. I can't stand to see the same doll made over and over again, it gets so boring.


I think that is one reason why if there is a sculpt just released I have no desire to create them right away. No pun intended to other artist who like to do that. Unless I am doing the prototype. LOL. I guess I like to let my mind marinate with what I want to do with the sculpt.  I know some artist also write down their steps, which I do not do. That takes all of the enjoyment out of the creation (for me). I always say if it requires too much work then it is not considered "fun". So I like to let the sculpts take on their own personalities throughout my reborning process. Yes, just like they have their own DNA. So, for any artist to try to replicate someone elses work would be "challenging".


Some might ask why the $850 range, that is still a little pricey? Well for me, it is about my time and dedication to my art form. Anyone can throw some paint on a doll kit and put it up for sale. Me, I truly take my time and paint with my heart.  The second reason is, I NEED and repeat NEED for my babies to go to homes where they will be well taken care of. If anyone is willing to spend this kind of money it will not be considered a toy and should not be. All of my creations are considered a piece of art. That happened to me once about two years ago and I have vowed for it to never let it happen again. Never mind Talia Monae was very angry about it..... My number one goal since the beginning has been to create the most beautiful realistic Ethnic/ African American babies through my eyes :0) 

So therefore I will be listing two auction availabilities at this time. Please take the time to review this website to choose your babies, you do not have to stick with the pics that will be pictured in my auction. Here is the website: http://www.bountifulbaby.com/. Yes, all of the kits shown in the Gallery can be reborned as an AA baby.  Again this site was chosen because the sculpts and eyes are the most reasonably priced for a custom auction in this price range. I will also be happy to assist you with your choices. Oh and the kits are subject to availability The price is nonnegotiable, so please respect this opportunity. Layaway will be available, just $250 down and the remainder payments will be broken down over three months of $208.  If you need a modification please let me know. Your baby will take 8 - 12 weeks  or less to complete. Progress pics will be sent for approval. I do not take custom orders often so please don't miss out on this opportunity. Anyone interested please contact me, first come first served. Again I only have two adoption offers at this time, due to my other projects that are in the works. I may be able to fill them before posting them on ebay. Here are some pics of my babies who were created my first year and a half of reborning from Bountiful Baby:


Thanks