Monday, June 24, 2013

Home Sweet Home :0)

Hi!

I am a little refreshed after taking a three hour nap from my travels. I had a great time at the DEDS Doll Show! I met many Dollfan members and some of my favorite sculptors and silicone doll creators in person like Bonnie Brown, Marita Winters, Lorna Miller Sands, Emily Jameson, Olivia Stone, Joanna Gomes, Julie Molloy, and Claire Taylor. Of course Laura Tuzio Ross I met up with again. I know I missed a few but my head was spinning with all of the beautiful creations around me. I have the silicone bug bad. I really want one now. My friends Chequita and Michelle both had a silicone baby which actually peaked my interest. I also had little glimpses of a silicone Huti baby "Finley" on Dollfan and was actually trying to find a vinyl kit. I found out from Claire at the show that there were never any vinyl Finley's and that she only made 5 silicone "Finleys". Very sweet and encouraging lady by the way. So bummed that I missed out on that little cutie, but guess what Tracy had hers at the show and was kind enough to let drool I mean hold hers.LOL. Claire also had her new silicone William who was absolutely stunning.

Some other great news! I won a few awards at the show and thank you all who voted for me!!! It was truly an honor because I truly was not expecting anything. I entered my Benji by Marita Winters. I am so happy that I attended the show :0) There are so many talented artists that were  there and also won awards. I was so happy just to be a part of it. I also met up with a few artist from PA or the Philadelphia area. I met a wonderful newbie Wendy, she is such a nice lady and can't wait to chat with her.

I also have a new found avenue I would like to try out, but I am not quite ready to disclose that yet. One other topic, my other prototype is on its way from over seas and I can't wait to see!! This is another one of my favorite sculptors as well! I was asked not to show any of the pics until she is ready to release her sculpts ,so I will not give any hints. Well here are a few shots from the show, I really did not have a lot of time to take pics!!!

Dolls:



My awards and trophies:

I will post a separate photo of my Benji!

Good Night :0)