Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Psst! Over Here!!! Holiday Baby Revealed !!!!

Happy Holidays Everyone!!!

I have been so busy with work and the holidays, I barely have time for anything else. Just an update on Dakota Blaire, she is on her way to her new family and should be arriving any day!!! She is a very nice Christmas surprise for one lucky lady with gifts for mommy :0)

Well I wanted to share my latest baby with everyone. I have stated before I am a kit hoarder and have collected many oldies but goodies. I like to sit them up on a shelf and bring them down when I am ready to breath life into them. She has been a secret thus far, sooooooo !!!!! She is the retired "Maya" Cradle scuplt by Linda Murray. I have not come across an African American/ Ethnic version of this sculpt so for the past year I have been itching to create her in my own artistic style. I have chosen some very cute and girlie outfits for her :0)

She is not complete yet, I still have to assemble her and add some finishing touches, pluck and add a few hairs...... Well let me know what you think. I find that the unassembled photos of my babies are not true indications of how they will look once completed but its a start. I can't wait to finish her and dress her up :0) he has a full head of beautiful shiny curls and a splendid rich bronzed hazelnut complexion.

Here she is :






Will post pics once she is completed. Lighting was awful today :0(

P.S. I forgot to tell you her name it's Amaya Delaney!